Hey wassup, in this post, you will get to know about TOC in nios. Who can apply for TOC in nios and What are the rules in it.
What is TOC in nios?
TOC means Transfer of credit. The facility of TOC is given in all the four streams of Nios admissions. It means you can credit your marks of previous board or previous exams of NIos. See, In class 10th or 12th, you have to pass exams with at least 5 subjects in Nios board. So, if you have failed in your previous board in any one or two subjects and want to appear in nios in only 3 subjects. For this, you have to credit any 2 passed subjects marks in nios and you can give remaining 3 subjects in nios.
Here, I am attaching the screenshot where you can see the option of TOC in nios admission form.
Let me explain it with an example..
Suppose Ram was appeared for CBSE in class 12th with 5 subjects like physics, chemistry, Maths, English and Hindi.
When result declared, Ram failed in English and hindi. So, Ram decided to give Nios exams.
Then, he has two options.
(i)Ram can give exams in Nios board with all 5 subjects for which he appeared for CBSE.
(ii) Ram can apply for TOC, and can give exams for only 3 subjects.
Now I think you can guess what I am saying.
Eligiblility to apply for TOC in nios
(i) Ex-student of Nios
Ex-Secondary or Senior Secondary students of NIOS, who have completed their validity period of five years of admission but could not complete the Course, are eligible to take admission re-admission in NIOS. The credit of the subjects passed (maximum four subjects in the admission will be transferred to the fresh admission if these subjects are passed during the last ten years.
(ii) Ex-students of other boards
Ex-secondary/senior secondary students of the Boards, who have passed in at least one subject but have not qualified in the course, can get their credit transferred. You can credit only two subjects but only if you are passed that subjects in last 5 years from your previous board. You can take credit of only that subjects which are available in NIOS.
Procedures and rules for granting TOC In Nios (Stream 1 & stream 2)
• To apply for TOC in nios, You have to choose ‘yes’ In the option of TOC in admission form while filling it.
• You can choose four subjects for TOC if you are ex-student of Nios. And if you are from any other board(instead of Nios) then you can choose only two subjects.
• Ths subjects should exist in Nios curriculum or should be identical for which you want TOC.
• If you opt TOC for any subject which involve no practical/theory in your previous board but has practicals/theory in Nios board is not treated as same or identical.
• In case of the difference in theory & practical marks proportion in your previous board and Nios baord, the Nios authorities will adjust it.
• Transfer of credit (TOC) will be allowed only once on the basis of original marksheet of previous board or parent baord.
• No improvement is allowed in the credit transferred.
• In case if you are an ex-student of any board other than Nios and opted TOC for more than two subjects. Then your two subjects with best marks will be considered.
• In no case, TOC in nios will be granted to the passed students.
Here is the full list of Boards which is eligible for TOC.
1. Andhra Pradesh Open School Society, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
2. Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, Guwahati, Assam
3. Bihar Intermediate Education Council, Patna, Bihar
4. Bihar School Examination Board, Patna, Bihar
5. Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
6. Haryana Open School, Bhiwani, Haryana
7. Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education, Dharmasala
8. J&K State Open School, Srinagar
9. Department of Pre-Univesity Education, Government of Karnataka
10. Karnataka Open School, Mysore, Karnataka
11. Kerala State Open School, Thiruvananthapuram
12. Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
13. M.P. State Open School, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
14. Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Pune
15. Meghalaya Board of School Education, Meghalaya
16. Punjab School Education Board, Mohali, Punjab
17. Punjab Open School, Punjab
18. Madhyamik Shiksha Board, Ajmer, Rajasthan
19. Rajasthan State Open School, Jaipur, Rajasthan
20. Tripura Board of Secondary Education, Agartala, Tripura West
21. UP Board of Secondary Education, Allahabad, U.P.
22. W.B. Board of Secondary Education, Kolkata, West Bengal
23. West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, Kolkata, West Bengal
24. West Bengal Council for Ravindra Open Schooling
25. Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi, Jharkhand
26. Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Goa
27. Chhattisgarh Madhyamik Shiksha Mandal, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
28. Chhattisgarh State Open School, Raipur
29. Uttarakhand Board of Examination, Nainital, Uttarakhand
30. International Baccalaureate – Asia Pacific
31. National Institute of Open Schooling (See Section 2.5)
32. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi
33. Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), Delhi
I hope, You understand the meaning and rules Of TOC in nios
See u again….